In 1953, the Day Insurance Agency was founded by Charles H. Day, while working for Kettler Brothers, Inc., and in 1958, Grover W. Collins joined the organization, forming Collins & Day. Initially located in Washington, DC, the agency moved to Riverdale, Maryland, operating there for 25 years. In 1986, the agency relocated to its present location in Beltsville.
Since its origin, the agency's premium volume grew through aggressive marketing and the acquisition of nearly 15 agencies -- including Lester W. Myers, C.W. Day & Son, and D. Bruce Kerr.
In 1992, the agency was sold to three of its long-time employees and corporate officers: Caroline Day Scruggs, AAI, CIC; James Andrew Day, CIC; and Stephen J. Deadrick, CLU, CIC. Later the same year, Marshall Insurance Services merged with Collins & Day, and the corporation amended its name to Day, Deadrick & Marshall. Charles Day has been retained as a consultant for Day, Deadrick & Marshall.
In 2001, Day, Deadrick & Marshall purchased the Diehl and Diehl Insurance Agency which operated in Burtonsville. Several employees came to Day, Deadrick & Marshall as a result of the merger including the agency owners. Darrell Diehl is an insurance producer, and Earl Diehl has been retained as a consultant for our agency.
Today, Day, Deadrick & Marshall's owners remain active in day-to-day agency activities:
President Caroline Day Scruggs, AAI, CIC Vice President
Stephen J. Deadrick, CLU, CIC Vice President
James Andrew Day, CIC
Day, Deadrick & Marshall is a sales organization, committed to the growth of new focus markets. We also achieve operational and service effectiveness by focusing on quality, using highly automated systems, and rotational servicing of our clients and other client-focused service methods.